sexy-god-egbertism asked: Hey, just a thing... Washington, D.C. meetup on 6/13/13 at the National Mall. :3
Oh gosh, I am sorry I thought I responded to this when you sent it. My internet connection is pretty bad lately so it must not have posted if it’s still in here.
Anyway, I am not 100% sure if you’re just adding info to a post already on this blog or if you’re just trying to advertise a different meetup.. if its the first you can let me know which post to edit and I’ll get right on it! If its the latter, I’ll need a bit more info than that… Like a time, and probably some basic rules for anyone attending. (you know, the usual, behave, seal ur makeup if youre cosplaying, etc)
It would probably also be best if you put it in a post so people can reblog it! :)
(Technically, this is not meet up info. But in all fairness, it does have to do with an event. Plus, it’s really important that people see this.)
Alright, so I’ve been crunching the numbers, and by that, I mean making some readjustments to my LOTAK Dirk cosplay list, and Arcadestuck might not happen.
OK, so here’s the thing. Right now, my College is having a book buy back, where students to can sell back their old books.
Now, coupled with this, and a check I received from the college with all the money I didn’t use on my account this semester, was going fund both Arcadestuck, and my cosplay.
Originally, I thought that I could get a full refund on my books by still having the receipts from when I bought them. But ding dong, I was wrong.
So, yeah…Arcadestuck might have to be cancelled…As much as I don’t want to cancel, I may have to. But, there’s a way to stop that.
As I’ve mentioned before, I want to go for a group deal. That way, everyone pays a little bit, and we can still have the meet. Now, I haven’t contacted the sales department of New Roc City, So I don’t know how much it will cost. Plus, I’m not sure how many people will come to the meet.
So yeah. If you want Arcadestuck to happen, be sure to tell people about it. That way, if we get say, 25-ish people, we can all chip in for a group discount, and have a good time.
Please, I’m being serious. Do tell more people about this. I really want to have the meet next month. I really don’t want to wait till July for the Picnicstuck meet I have planned.
-Eric, the Admin
englandsfallenangel asked: Uhh, Hiya! I just so happened to stumble onto your blog and well, I want to see if you can help me in a situation. A couple of friends and I really want to plan something for Promstuck here in Nashville, TN, But we are having a few problems... 1. We have never planned meet-ups before, /ever/ and 2. We are all pretty young, and still have to have parental supervision when it comes to meet-ups. We tried contacting Nashvillestuck to ask them, but, we didn't get any answers... So, can you help?
Ok, finally getting around to this one. Sorry it took a little bit! (Also to respond to your reply to my other ask regarding this, don’t worry you didnt bother me at all :) )
So since youre young, it will probably be pretty hard for you to plan an event like this. Since youre thinking promstuck, its not going to be in a public or outdoor place, right? You would have to rent out a hall for a promstuck event. If your parents are willing to do all the planning for you, that would be great! But, as minors alone you will not be able to do it.
If you didnt need parental supervision and were able to plan something so big on your own, I would be able to help you out a bit more I think. But, since you cant do that I would strongly advise trying to contact Nashvillestuck again. Chances are there will be people over there more able to plan the event :)
Alternatively, you could host a meetup in a more public place? It wont be promstuck, but it would be MUCH easier to plan so you can have a better idea as to how to go about planning more meetups!
With a meetup like that you would just have to worry about a time and place, and making sure youre in contact with everyone who is attending, basically.
If you have any other questions or concerns you can shoot them my way..!
This will be a 1-week camping event. Cosplay is encouraged but not required.
WHERE: Elizabethtown, New York
WHEN: July 13th - July 20th (Can add dates/times with changing interest)
COSPLAY? Yes, but humanstuck please, for safety reasons. Horns + Wooded area = BAD idea.
WHAT TO BRING: A Tent, a week’s supply of food, money (In case you run out of food and need to buy more), Cosplay (Again, Not required to attend) Swimming Gear (Sorkels, goggles, suits, etc)
WHAT NOT TO BRING: Over-cumbersome Props, A bad attitude.
There will be NO UNDERAGE DRINKING TOLERATED! If you are at least 21, you MAY consume alcohol, but please, please PLEASE be responsible about it! And no giving any to underage attendees. If you are caught doing this, you will be asked to leave the event.
PLANNED EVENTS SO FAR: Highblood Hunt (A form of reverse Capture the Flag) Real-Life Slender, Highblood VS. Lowblood + Human Water Baloon fights, Creepypasta Camfire storytime, Homestuck Truth or Dare (No insane dares, please)
Feel free to call me at 518-873-6882 for further information ANYTIME before 9PM Eastern US Time, please! Just ask for Philip. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!
Where: May 15, 12pm, Garden State shopping center, North Jersey
Is cosplay needed: No, but it is encouraged
Where to meet: At the carousel in the center of the mall
who to contact for more info: Ihavestudyingtodo.tumblr.com
BRINGING FAYGO AND TAB IS ALLOWED AND ENCOURAGED
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Since it’s now a month and 10 days away, I though I’d re-send the info for more people to see.
WHERE: FunFuzion at New Roc City (duh)
WHEN: Saturday, June 8th!
WHY: To gather HS fans for a fun day at the arcade! (And maybe Bowling. No promises.)
WHO (can come?): Everyone and Anyone! However, I would suggest that minors (Stucks under the age of 18) come with a guardian. They don’t have to be with the group. But it would be ideal to have them near-by.
WHAT (can/should I bring?): Money, and lots of it :/
Maybe a sketch book, for an impromptu drawing circle.
Smiles. Smiles are nice to bring :)
Ok, time to get more specific on the rules.
1. COSPLAY: While not necessary, I encourage it! However, no body paint please. I’ve contacted the FunFuzion people, and they’d rather play it safe. So, NO BODY PAINT. Horns however, are allowed! Also, keep all props and buckets at home.
2. BEHAVIOR. Now, we won’t be the only ones at FunFuzion. So keep the language down, and don’t be a jerk to the non-Homestucks. If they ask what we are doing, or who are supposed to be, do tell them. But do it politely :)
Don’t hog the machines. If a kid wants in on Street Fighter 2 or whatever, let em’ at it!
Other than that, just be a chill person, and we won’t have any problems!!!
Now, who’s running this bitch?
http://westchester-county-stuck.tumblr.com/ (This would be me! Along with some FB friends)
And that’s about it!!! I hope to see you all in June!!!!
Please don’t inform me that AnimeNext is that same weekend. I’m fully aware of that.
Just think of it as a back-up meet up for Homestucks who can’t go to AN. After all, even though AN tix are pretty cheap in comparison to other cons, not everyone can attend. So if no Stuck can go to AN, they can attend this!
Plus this is cheaper!
FB Event page link: https://www.facebook.com/events/320723011383234/
Ann Arbor MI Meetup!! -
All of the info is in the link. It’ll take place at Gallup Park, on Saturday, June 1st at noon. We will have a picnic and play games and mess around on the playground and just generally be cool.
A fertilizer plant has exploded in the town of West, Texas (north of Waco).
- 500 homes leveled or extremely damaged
- Unknown causalities
- School leveled (and on fire)
- Nursing home leveled
- Apartment complex leveled
Reports still coming in. Whether you pray, jingle bells, or just send good thoughts… please do so.
From the Mesquite, Texas scanner page on Facebook (very reputable):
- Another tank has caught on fire near the football field.
- Anhydrous Ammonia tanks is now on fire. Clearing units back immediately.
- Tank is now venting. Crews evacuating.
Confirmed. It’s all in the news right now. (CNN link)
whoah whoah this is like 40 minutes from where i live whaht the fuck
(Source: recording-memories, via animebooty)
There is going to be a meetup taking place on May 18th in Sandusky, OH. We are going to be at Cedar Point so be aware you will need to pay money to get a ticket and get into the park. We can bring food to use the picnic area and cosplay will be permitted. I’m sorry to ask that costumes that require large props or large horns not be worn. This also mean if you wish to cosplay a troll make sure you can take off the horns and/or wig and store them in a bag or car. Please don’t wear body paint! I do not wish to be kicked out of the park because of the paint.Thank you.
~*Rules and Guidelines*~
1. SEAL YOUR PAINT.In fact we highly discourage wearing any paint with the location and weather.
2. Please don’t come in cosplays which require large props or large horns. In fact it’d be best if you left your props at home unless they can be carried in a bag or left your car when we are not at our picnic area.
3. Make sure you bring a change of clothes in case it gets too hot. Don’t wear complicated heavy costumes such as Dreamers, Tricksters, or most Ancestors. Some Dancestors are acceptable obviously. But please keep in mind how hot outside it will be in late May.
4. I will ask that you provide me(Mod B) or one of my co-leaders emergency contacts. We will not be held responsible for any injuries or theft that may happen during the meetup. Please know by attending Cedar Point Meetup 2013 you are taking responsibility for your own safety and your possessions.
5. Do not bring weapons of any sort. Please. It’ll just make us look bad and it isn’t safe.
6. Food at the park is expensive! If some people would be so kind as to volunteer and bring food for our picnic it would be much appreciated. Our picnic will be held at around 3 to 4pm. Time mary vary.
7. If you are volunteering to bring food, drinks, and anything of the sort please let me know! Personally I cannot bring a cooler myself and will not be able to provide food to go around.
8. Be responsible and provide your own transportation to the meetup. The same goes for when you head home. Honestly, I shouldn’t have to say this. If you would like head home with a friend that is your choice. I will not be responsible for providing anybody a ride.
9. Please be friendly and kind to one another and those around you. If someone dislikes Homestuck and openly expresses it then by all means don’t start any drama. Be aware there may be children around in some areas as this is generally a family friendly park. Please keep things to a PG-13 level when children are around.
10. Have fun!
When: MAY 18TH 12pm til 10pm - These are the times that I expect to be there. If my co-leaders leave before I do consider the meetup to be over. Otherwise they will take over for me.
Where: CEDAR POINT, SANDUSKY OHIO
I am Mod B submitting this and will be the leader of the Homestuck Meetup at Cedar Point AKA Cedar Point Meetup 2013. We will have co-leaders whom will be recognizable by t-shirt or lanyard. I will be recognizable by a t-shirt or lanyard different from the co-leaders.
Sorry, I just figured it was time to update everyone on what NOT to send me. Over 50% of the asks I get on this blog are one of the above, and I seriously can’t help you with those kinds of things. Also been getting a ton of followers out of nowhere lately? Noo idea where that came from. If there are people responsible for it, thank you!
If you have any other questions regarding this stuff you can either contact me here on this blog or ask me over at animebooty, which is my main. I do ask that if you ask at my main you aren’t anonymous, so I can reply privately. If I get too many anon asks about this blog on my main, I’ll probably start not answering them.